Okuma The Serrano features a 6BB + 1RB precision stainless steel bearing drive system for long, smooth casting and the Quick-Set anti-reverse bearing bodes well for solid hook sets. The precision cut, high strength brass main and pinion gears are smooth running and very durable. The Serrano has plenty of stopping power with multi-disc drag washers for consistent performance. And gone are the days of the professional overrun with the externally adjustable magnetic cast control system that helps to slow the spool in conditions that call for extra control and finesse.
Speaking of spool, the Serrano is built around a 33.5mm machined aluminum, black anodized spool bringing the overall size of the reel down to a compact platform. Another great feature of the Serrano is the double paddle 95mm aluminum swept handle arm with comfortable handle knobs developed from golf grip material for all day cast and retrieve comfort. With a 6.5:1 and 7.2:1 gear ratio, you have a couple of options to choose from. This reel also matches up nicely with the Okuma Serrano series of rods that are currently in the Okuma lineup.
- Rigid, corrosion resistant frame and sideplate construction
- 6BB + 1RB precision stainless steel bearing drive system
- Quick Set anti-reverse bearing for solid hook sets
- Precision cut, high strength brass main and pinion gears
- Externally adjustable magnetic cast control system
- 33.5mm machined aluminum, black anodized spool
- Multi-disc drags washers for consistent performance
- Double paddle, 95mm aluminum swept handle arm
- TGT Grip: Traction Grip Technology
Magnetic Control System
A fully-sealed, 100% waterproof cast control system that reduce backlash and improve casting distance.
Spool Access Port
Allow for quick spool changes and quick access for adjusting the Velocity Control System.
Traction Grip Technology
Monofilament line capacity
(diameter in mm.)
|0.31/110, 0.33/100, 0.37/80
Spool capacity is poor
0.26 mm -65m
Casting and braking system is very good only problem is spool size.