The Zippy jig is a bottom-weighted jig for long-distance casting. It is ideal for casting from the shores or boat for targeting schooling pelagics, such as tunas and jacks. The wider profile of the Zippy jig causes it to flutter on the drop, drawing the attention of pelagics patrolling the shoreline. When retrieved quickly, the Zippy skips on the water surface like a disorientated baitfish fleeing for its life. It can also be worked near the bottom of shallow reef systems in a lift and drop presentation to target reef-dwelling species like snappers and groupers. Sizing in grams.
- Bottom weighted jig for long-distance casting
- Great for casting from the shore or boat to target tuna and trevally
- The wider profile makes it flutter on the drop, attracting pelagic fish on the shoreline
- When retrieved quickly, it skips on the water surface like a fleeing baitfish
- Can target reef-dwelling species like snapper, pearl perch, amberjack, and kingfish